State Board Regulations for Radiation Safety:
Dental Assistants are not licensed or registered in SC.
All Dental Assistants must have a State Board approved Radiation Safety certification.
SC State Requirements for Radiation Safety Certification:
-You must either have your RHS from the Dental Assistants National Board (DANB); or
-Have graduated from a two year CODA Accredited Dental Assisting program (list below)
If you don’t have either you must take the SCDA Radiation Safety Exam.
American Dental Association (ADA) CODA- accredited schools to verify your CODA approved program
List of South Carolina ADA CODA- accredited schools:
-Aiken Technical College
-Florence-Darlington Technical College
- Greenville Technical College
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Midlands Technical College
- Spartanburg Community College
- Tri-County Technical College
- Trident Technical College
- York Technical College
Radiation Safety Exam
DO NOT START EXAM UNTIL YOU HAVE READ AND ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE NEW RADIATION SAFETY STUDY GUIDE
$60.00 to be paid by bank/credit card or PayPal
- Qualifications: To register for this exam, the registrant must work for a South Carolina Dentist for three months full-time or worked in another state with a radiation safety certification.
- The registrant will need to set up a login with your email address and 8-character password. You will need to save this password to sign back in to take the exam when you are ready.
- ***DO NOT START the exam until you have read and are familiar with the NEW Radiation Safety Study Guide.
- Test Details
- 50 random multiple-choice questions
- 90 minutes to complete
- one-time attempt to complete
- Before taking the exam make sure you are in an environment where you will not be disturbed and have good internet connection.
- You will not be able to save and finish later
- You will not be able to go back and change any answers.
- You must answer the question to move on
- Once you have finished the exam, you will receive your score. If you receive 75% or better, you will pass and receive a PDF of your certificate that you need to print and save for your records.
- Your receipt will be available when you complete your exam.
- You will have 90 days after registration to take this exam.
- If you do not pass, will need to register/pay again to be able to retake the exam.
Radiation Safety Certificate Re-Issue Form - Please make sure you have taken the exam through the SCDA!
If you have any questions please email Sue Copeland email@example.com or call 803-750-2277