Office of District Vice-President
Duties in Bylaws/Constitution
- Act in the absence of the pres and pres-elect.
- Maintain an up to date copy of the Constitution and Bylaws of the district showing any and all amendments, make sure SCDA has an updated copy.
- Maintain an up to date copy of the district constitution and bylaws showing any and all amendments.
- Serve as an ex officio member, with no vote, of all committees except nominating committee.
- Serve as member of the house of delegates of the SCDA.
- Serve as associate editor of SCDA publications.
- Be responsible for contacting members through a telephone tree. Keep phone tree up to date.
District Phone Tree 2011
The following is the list of delegates and alternates for the ----- district.
(Add names and phone #’s/email addresses as needed for your district)
Once you have been contacted about an event it is your responsibility to continue with contacting the next person on the list to relay the information. If you get no response, leave a message if possible and attempt the next name until you are able to establish a contact. If you have any questions please notify -------- district VP.
It is helpful to begin planning scientific and social meetings a year in advance; working closely with the President-Elect will ensure a smooth transition.