Office of District Secretary/Treasurer
Duties in bylaws/constitution:
- Coordinate the activities of the Executive Committee/Board of Directors.
- Keep minutes, supervise correspondence and affix the seal of the society to all documents and instruments.
- Present a report to the society at its annual meeting.
- Notify members of this society of the date, venue, time and topic of all meetings.
- Shall be a member of the House of Delegates of the SCDA.
- Be accountable for all society funds and give a report of such funds at each society meeting. All disbursements shall be made by check.
- Make a written report of finances and conditions of the society for the board of directors (either annually or at each meeting as designated in specific society bylaws).
- Be covered by a surety bond to cover all funds handled annually by the secretary/treasurer ($10,000 minimum).
- Give due notification to any delinquent members prior to forfeiture of their membership.
- Serve as Associate Editor of SCDA publications.
Other duties and Hints:
By January 31 of each year, a financial report ending December 31 of the previous year needs to be forwarded to Deanna Slomzenski at the SCDA office. Please see examples of profit/loss statements included.
Provide information related to new members, changes in membership status, lost membership to district officers and SCDA staff. This will help them prepare reports for Membership Committees and House of Delegates, Board of Governors’ reports for the district.
You may delegate to Membership Committee Chair for this, but be sure the information has been relayed.