Thinking Outside the Box: Utilizing Mockups to Increase your Patient Acceptance-Lecture
February 16, 2024
Check in: 8:00am-8:30am
Lunch and Business Meeting: 12:30pm-1:30pm
Hands-on Workshop: 1:30pm-4:30pm
Speaker: Dr. Andi J. Miro
Cost: Free for Central District Members/$150.00 fee to participate in Hands-on Workshop
**There are only 28 spots for the Hands-on Workshop so sign up TODAY! Fee paid via check to SCDA Central District, 120 Stonemark Lane, Columbia SC 29210.
Location: Cooperative Conference Center
The demand for cosmetic dentistry has increased, requiring dentists to possess efficient and precise diagnostic skills to ensure patient satisfaction and a thriving practice. Taking on cosmetic cases can be challenging, but a strong intake protocol for new patients, a comprehensive photography protocol, and the use of digital scans and mockups can guarantee success. Simulation of a patient's smile is an essential tool for a dentist, and using a variety of mockup methods can create an emotional attachment to treatment allowing us to increase our case acceptance.
- By utilizing direct mockups, traditional wax-ups, and digital tools, dentists can verify the design of a smile before preparing the teeth, resulting in minimal preparation.
- This lecture will provide a step-by-step guide to mastering the four types of mockups, enabling dentists to execute any case successfully.
- Gaining an understanding of facial aesthetics in relation to smile design and facially-driven treatment planning.
- Dentists will learn about mockup techniques that drive minimally invasive preparation design
- Participants will also learn how to use flowable composite to design a smile from start to finish while driving minimal preparation.
Number of Credit Hours: 4