The PCF will permit a discount for the following part time members:
- Retired non-practicing PCF Members donating time to charitable or non-profit organizations (i.e. Free Clinic)
- Emergency medicine residents moonlighting at rural or small community emergency room departments
- Part time and/or semi-retired PCF Members who are working no more than eighty-five hours per month
- Members include military physicians and dentists who are working part-time in the civilian community and government physicians working outside the governmental facility
Credits provided by the PCF are:
- 50% credit for up to 21 hours per month
- 40% credit for 22-43 hours per month
- 30% credit for 44-85 hours per month
- 0% credit for over 85 hours per month
- A Part Time Provider Professional Liability Application must be completed by the applicant every year for the purposes of determining whether the applicant is eligible for this type of coverage.
- The hours reported to the PCF for rating purposes are subject to audit, at the PCF's discretion.
- No other credits apply concurrent with this rule except for Risk Management discounts.
- Providers who are subject to experience rating surcharges are not eligible for this part time discount.